Cocker poodle: breed description, character, care, price
Cocker-poodle spaniel is a nice breed of dogs,which can charm any family. Such animals are distinguished by kindness, ingenuity, they are easy to train. With these doggies you never get bored, because they are very active. What care does a cocker poodle need? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this breed? All this will be discussed in our material.
What is a cocker poodle? About the breed, we can say the following:
- origin - a cross between a poodle and a cocker spaniel;
- the average life expectancy is about 13 years;
- height - up to 40 cm;
- weight - no more than 15 kg;
- character - complaisant, somewhat touchy;
- color - a wide variety of colors;
- susceptibility to diseases: joint dysplasia, allergy, dermatitis, hearing and vision impairment;
- training - quick training for teams.
Cocker-poodle, photo of which can be seen inarticle, is able to become a true friend to any person. Pesik perfectly perceives small children. The breed gets along with other domestic pets. Cocker poodle needs attention. However, it shows no signs of jealousy when the host contacts other animals.
Representatives of the breed are sharp minded. Such little dogs quickly adapt to unfamiliar surroundings. They are characterized by increased activity and rapid reaction. From poodles and spaniels these pets inherited an excellent scent. For this reason they are able to quickly find the owner in a crowd of people.
Representatives of the breed need a company. They are demanding to caress. If the owner is ready to show attention to the pet, he often enjoys performing all sorts of tricks. If it is decided to start a cocker poodle, you need to be ready for the time spent on all sorts of games.
Features of care
Contain a cocker poodle is not difficult. Because the breed is not exacting to the living conditions. However, the owner still have to show some responsibility:
- Care of hair - complex combingonly during the annual moult. The rest of the time the dog needs to be combed regularly. Otherwise, the collar is formed on the pet's body. To care for the hair of dogs of the presented breed is necessary, at least 3 times a week.
- Bathing - not more than once a month. The dog should be washed with the contamination of the coat, which is extremely slow in the conditions of the apartment. Instead, you need to pay extra attention to the hygiene of the pet's ears. Because the breed is prone to infection with all sorts of infections.
- Physical loads - for a cocker poodleWalking is extremely important. These dogs love to eat well. They need the release of accumulated energy. Walk with these dogs recommend at least one and a half hours a day. In this case, it is not necessary to go out into the street. Enough to throw a dog in the apartment.
- Parenting - the representatives of the breed are goodremember commands and rules of conduct. Proceeding from this, with their training there are no problems. To instill the necessary qualities to the pet is necessary from an early age. Otherwise, his behavior may be ugly. To education should be a strong hand, but do not exceed the stick, so as not to offend the pet.
The comparative minus of the rock standsextreme energy, a tendency to pester the owner with his presence at every turn. In addition, cocker poodles like to bark loudly, making shrill sounds almost with any external stimuli. Such features are able to deliver some inconvenience to family members.
Disadvantage is also the suspiciousness of suchpets. Not receiving proper attention, the dog can become discouraged, begin to take offense at the master. In such a state the dog can remain for a long time.
How to get a cocker poodle?
The breed is extremely common in the United States.States. On the domestic expanses, a few breeders are engaged in breeding. You can buy a dog with official documents in large cities. However, often there is a need for becoming in the queue, until the next droppings appear.
Can speed up the purchase of a pet organizationtrips to developed European countries. However, in this case, you have to burden yourself with additional costs. As for the cost of puppies, it is, on average, from 1000 conventional units. If the baby's parents were participants of prestigious competitions, the price can be raised by several hundred.