Crushed Granite (Characteristics, Application, Production, Cost)
Granite crushed stone is a fragmentrocks, having an acute-angled shape. The material is formed as a result of natural weathering, but consists of loose and weakly cemented clusters. The debris can be up to 100 mm in size, and divided into several fractions according to the degree of size:
- 0-5 mm are used for interior decoration, arrangement of tracks and sports grounds,
- 5-20 mm is a crushed stone of fine screening,intended for the preparation of concrete and structures from it. It is used for equipping foundations, as well as supports for the bridge and canvas, covering roads and runways,
- 20-40 mm - this is rubble, which is afragments of medium size. Used to create a cloth for cars and rail transport, as well as laying foundations of industrial facilities,
- 40-70 mm - this fraction is typical for a large-sized material, is used in the manufacture of concrete, as well as structures and production areas of large size.
Mining is carried out in a career way: First, an explosion of granite is produced, and the blocks formed during the explosion are crushed. Crushing is carried out with the help of special equipment, which is located in the crushing and sorting complexes. The resulting fragments are sieved and divided into different fractions. The smallest fraction is the most expensive in price.
differs strength, frost resistance,flakiness (that is, the definition of the shape of debris from the point of view of the plane of their shape) and radioactivity. From what are the indicators of flakiness, the density of the ramming of the material will depend.
Resistance to high temperatures depends on thethe number of freezing cycles and further defrosting. Strength characterizes crushed stone as resistant to mechanical influences on grains (crushing, deterioration, compaction are checked). There are several groups of strength:
- high is marked with M1200-1400,
- Sturdy - M800-1200,
- medium strength - M600-800,
- weak-strength - M300-600,
- very weakly resistant (M200).
As a rule, the choice of the brand of this naturalmaterial is determined by the degree of radioactivity. Suitability for use should be confirmed by mandatory certification and conclusions of sanitary-epidemiological institutions.
The structure of granite rubble contains spar, mica and quartz, the combination of which causes resistance to temperature changes.
The scope of granite rubble is quite wide:
- in the finishing works due to different shades of rubble,
- in the laying of trails,
- in the creation of concrete and reinforced concrete products,
- in the arrangement of the foundation of buildings,
- in the construction and repair of motor roads and railways,
- The smallest fraction is used for landscaping and decorative decoration of buildings.
The cost of granite crushed stone depends on its fraction - the smaller the fraction, the more expensive the price of cubic meter of material. The average cost of a small fraction is 2200 rubles per cubic meter, and a large one - 2000 rubles.