Demodex eye: treatment of folk remedies and drugs
Quite a lot lives on it. They feed on us, use the human body for their reproduction, thereby causing sometimes very serious diseases that are not so easy to cure. The fact is that parasites can easily live not only on the human body, but also on the things with which he is in contact. Consider how to get rid of this type of parasite as Demodex mites.
What is demodex? It is a parasitic tick that lives in or around the hair follicles of mammals, humans. Those that live on a person are called ciliated mites, two types of them: Demodex folliculorum and Demodex brevis. Can be found on the face, eyebrows, eyelashes, in the nose. May occur in other areas of the body. Adults reach sizes of 0.4 mm. They have an elongated, translucent body and eight legs.
The mite feeds on skin cells, hormones and fat that is secreted from the sebaceous glands. It is easy to move on the skin, avoids light, and therefore moves mostly at night.Eggs mites lay in the hair follicle. Larvae appear on the 3-4th day. They live for several weeks, then die and decompose in the sebaceous gland. Over the years, the affected area becomes larger.
Symptoms of ocular demodex
Demodex on our body is the norm and does not bother us if it does not exceed a certain amount. However, when this indicator starts to exceed the norm several times, it means that the tick actively multiplies, and then the first symptoms of the disease appear. They are:
- The eyelids are inflamed, covered with yellowish crusts.
- Eyelashes fall out.
- Fatigue, feeling of pain in the eyes.
- Severe itching after sleep.
- Frequent barley.
- Washing with soap causes itching, burning.
It clearly shows the demodex eye photo presented above. What are the causes of tick breeding and exacerbation of this disease?
Causes of demodex eye
In order for demodex eyes to appear, it is necessary to create favorable conditions for the reproduction of this tick. And the first thing that will contribute to this is low immunity. If a disease such as eye demodex appears, the reasons may be as follows:
- Metabolic disease.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
- Diseases of the digestive tract.
- Liver disease.
- Eye diseases.
- Diseases of the nervous system.
- Stress, fear and excitement.
- Oily skin.
It should be noted that the exacerbation of the disease occurs in the autumn-spring period, when a person's immunity decreases. As well as moisturizers, oils, long exposure to the sun and in the solarium create a favorable environment for the reproduction of Demodex.
Diagnosis of the disease
If you find yourself having the above symptoms, you should consult a doctor. How is the diagnosis of the disease?
The examination is performed first by an ophthalmologist, then consultation of a dermatologist is necessary. If you suspect that you have Demodex, conduct the following studies:
- Carefully, eyelashes are taken from the lower and upper eyelids with special tweezers and examined under a microscope.
- Your doctor may order blood tests, urine tests, and screenings to identify diseases that weaken your immune system.
Principles of Demodex Treatment
If tests have confirmed that you have demodex eyes, treatment should take place under the supervision of a dermatologist.Self-treatment is excluded, although there are many ways in the people, which we will discuss later.
Therapy should be comprehensive, include drugs that increase immunity, ointment for the treatment of skin. First of all, it is necessary to eliminate the cause of reproduction of the tick, strengthen the immune system, follow a diet, and avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. If you have demodex eyes, treatmentcan not be postponed. This can lead to serious eye diseases, possibly with irreversible effects.
It is necessary to observe several conditions in the treatment of this disease:
- We'll have to eliminate spicy, fatty, and sweet foods from our diet.
- Be sure to respect personal hygiene.
- It is advisable to use disposable towels.
- Cosmetics must be individual.
- Bed linen during treatment should be changed and ironed with a hot iron every day.
- Washing clothes at a temperature not lower than 75 degrees and not less than 20 minutes.
Consider drugs that are used to treat demodex.
Drug treatment using the following drugs:
- "Trichopol" in tablets, dosage - at 0.25 g, 2 times a day, a course of 10 days, then repeat after 3 weeks.
- Multivitamins to strengthen the immune system. For example, "Duovit", "Complivit", "Alphabet". They need to take a course of 2-3 months.
- "Adrusen-zinc". Drink a course of 2-3 months for 1-2 capsules per day. Improves the sebaceous glands, strengthens the immune system. Applied with eye diseases.
Be sure to use drugs for local action for diseases such as demodex eye. Healing drops does not exclude, as the tick can spread to the inside of the eyelid. Use these drugs:
Treatment of demodex mite in the eyes can not do without the use of ointments. Outwardly used, for example, "Demalan", "Demazol" or "Prenatsid".
Also necessarily use antihistamines, as the tick causes an allergic reaction in the body. Tavegil, Klaritin, Suprastin and some other medicines are very effective.
Demodex eye: treatment with new methods
Currently, there are modern methods of treatment of demodex eye, but rather auxiliary procedures.These include:
- Ozone therapy. It is an addition to the main treatment. It has a bactericidal effect, immunostimulating. It is carried out in a complex with medical preparations.
- TCA peeling. Deep cleaning allows you to get rid of the damaged skin layer.
- Physiotherapy. Electrophoresis procedures using wetting agents.
- Cryotherapy. Gives an anesthetic effect, but not for long. Ticks do not destroy, only delay the process of reproduction.
- Laser therapy is used to treat the effects of demodex. Helps restore the epidermis.
Pregnancy and demodex
In this difficult period, a disease such as eye demodex can easily develop. Treatment during pregnancy eliminates the use of hormonal drugs. A disease occurs because a hormonal surge occurs in a woman's body, which can change not only the emotional background, but also the condition of the skin and hair. It is acceptable to use external products that do not contain hormones and hazardous substances that may affect the development of the fetus.
Traditional methods of treatment
Treatment of demodex eye at home should be carried out after consultation with a dermatologist.This is a very long process and requires strict adherence to all prescriptions of the doctor, the rules of hygiene.
If it was decided to apply to cure Demodex eye, treatment with folk remedies, you must be careful when using herbs, tinctures, as they can cause irritation, an allergic reaction, and this will complicate the process of recovery.
A very effective tool - a decoction of wormwood. It is necessary to prepare an infusion per 2-3 tablespoons of herbs per 1 liter of water. 2-3 hours decoction need to insist. The tool take 50 ml daily. The regimen: the first day - in an hour, the second - in two, and all the following - in three. The course of treatment is 6 days. There is not only the destruction of the mite, but also the regulation of the bowels (you can add 1 tablespoon of honey in order to remove bitterness). This infusion in combination with chamomile, calendula, celandine is good for washing the eyelids. You can use and infusion of oak bark.
There is another recipe that can be used for washing the eyelids. This is a decoction with tansy flowers. A tablespoon of flowers is poured with a glass of water, boiled for three minutes and infused for 30 minutes. After filtering the broth drip on the eyelids for 2-3 drops and lie with your eyes closed for half an hour. The treatment lasts 2 weeks.
Treatment with a compress of aloe juice gives a very good result if you apply it every evening to a sore eyelid.
Linden blossom is also a great tool. It is boiled on the fire for 2 minutes, then filtered and applied to the eyes of cotton pads soaked in broth. This broth is useful to wash in the morning and evening.
It is recommended and cleanse the body to enhance immunity. You can prepare the infusion of birch buds. Take one tablespoon of kidney, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 30 minutes. Take 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day.
Accelerate the recovery of eyelid massage. It is recommended to do before applying tinctures, compresses. The massage should last at least 10 minutes. The movements are directed from the skin to the eyelashes. This removes the hair follicle from the tick after the procedures for its destruction.
Reviews on the treatment of demodex eye
This process is complex and takes a rather large period of time. However, what are the successes in treating this disease? Unfortunately, it is not always possible to get rid of it completely, as this tick lives on the human body and is able to hide for a while. However, some tools and drugs have proven themselves well, for example:
These are drugs, the use of which gives the result in the fight against such an enemy as Demodex eyes. Treatment (reviews confirm this) gives positive results if it is combined with strict adherence to hygiene measures and the treatment of concomitant diseases. If you show perseverance and patience, the result will not be long in coming.
So that you do not have to learn again what is Demodex eye, the treatment must necessarily end with the delivery of the analysis to confirm that the tick is defeated. And also it is necessary to observe preventive measures
- Treat all diseases promptly.
- Eat right, exclude fatty, spicy foods.
- Lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Try to avoid the hot sun. Do not visit the baths, saunas, in order not to create a favorable environment for the reproduction of the tick.
- Strengthen immunity.
- Cosmetic accessories must be individualized.
- Observe face and body hygiene.
If you follow these simple recommendations, then you should not worry that the tick will reappear.