Ginger root for weight loss - a recipe, features of use, contraindications and effectiveness
Ginger is a burning oriental spice, which has been valued for a very long time. This root is used not only for food, but also as a medicinal substance. Ginger has many beneficial properties. Therefore, it is added to various drugs, consumed in dried and fresh form. This root is useful for colds, diseases of the digestive system and many other diseases. Ginger root is also often used for weight loss. The recipe for this medicine can be chosen such that the process of weight loss will be simple and pleasant.
What is ginger
This herb has long been popular in many countries. It is a relative of the orchid and another seasoning - turmeric. It is mainly used in food, its root, which has a bizarre shape and has a sharp spicy smell. Now you can buy ginger at any supermarket or market.But you need to know how to choose it.
It is best to buy a young root, which has a milder taste and is not so hard. It is easier to clean and can be used in salads. By the appearance of a young root is lighter, and to the touch - smooth. If his skin is dry, rough, with knots and green, this is an old product. It is harder to clean and chop, and can only be used for making beverages.
The benefits of this plant
Ginger root contains many trace elements necessary for health. In addition to vitamins C, E, A and B, it contains essential oils and several essential amino acids. In addition, it contains magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, potassium and phosphorus.
Modern medicine has proven that this plant has an analgesic, bactericidal and warming effect. Ginger boosts immunity, promotes saturation of cells with oxygen. In combination with cranberry leaves, this root has a therapeutic effect on the urinary system. And when brewing with yarrow, mint and elder flowers, it treats diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Due to such beneficial properties, ginger root has been successfully used in folk medicine for the treatment of such pathologies for a long time:
- infertility, impotence;
- colds, infectious diseases of the respiratory tract;
- abdominal cramps;
Ginger root: useful properties for weight loss
Recipes for the use of this plant suggest its long and regular use. With the systematic use of drinks or dishes with ginger, the weight will gradually decrease due to the beneficial effects on health. The following root properties contribute to weight loss:
- it accelerates the production of heat, which consumes a lot of calories, so fat deposits are not formed;
- speeds up digestion, improves the absorption of nutrients, stimulates the bowels and prevents bloating;
- normalizes hormonal balance by regulating the production of insulin and cortisol, which are involved in the breakdown of fats;
- normalizes blood glucose levels and reduces increased appetite;
- stimulates the blood supply to the brain, tones the body.
Contraindications for taking ginger
Any drugs, even herbal, have limitations to use. Contraindications are at the ginger root. This plant is very burning, strongly stimulates blood circulation.If used improperly, it can cause abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea or allergic reactions. Therefore, it is not recommended to use drinks on its basis for people suffering from:
- inflammatory bowel disease;
- gallstone disease;
- stomach ulcers or ulcerative colitis;
- stones or sand in the kidneys and bladder;
- allergic diseases;
- high temperature;
- disorders of the cardiovascular system;
- high blood pressure.
With caution should be used in food ginger during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as it can cause unwanted side effects in mothers and babies.
Ginger Root for Weight Loss: Recipes
The use of this plant is based on its ability to accelerate metabolic processes and blood circulation. This is not a panacea, the process of losing weight will be long, but, in addition to losing weight, it will be accompanied by an improvement in overall health. But the effectiveness of the results will depend on the motor activity and the correct diet. Auxiliary component that accelerates the burning of fat and the removal of toxins is ginger root for weight loss.The recipe for its use in the form of tea is known to many, but this plant can also be used externally.
For example, effectively relieves cellulite scrub from green coffee and ginger powder. Per 100 g of ground coffee, you can after brewing, you need to take 30 g of ginger and 20 g of red hot pepper. Thoroughly mixed mixture should be used to massage problem areas, which is best done in the evening. The effectiveness of this scrub is explained by the fact that it accelerates the dissolution of fat cells, stimulates blood circulation, tightens the skin and eliminates the "orange peel".
This is the easiest and most popular way to use ginger root for weight loss. Tea recipes can be taken already prepared or create a drink on your own to your liking. But you need to know about the properties of this plant and contraindications to its use.
Depending on the method of brewing the root, this tea can have a tonic and refreshing effect, stimulate metabolic processes or warm up. Most often used ginger root and lemon for weight loss. The recipe for such a simple and effective tea is quite simple.Need a liter jar and a small fresh ginger root. It must be cleaned and crushed. Put in the jar 2 tablespoons of this mass and pour boiling water. After the broth has cooled a little, you need to add 60 g of lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of honey. Stir well and leave to infuse for another half hour.
You can make it even easier: cut the root into plates, put it in a thermos and pour boiling water over it. After a few hours you get a tasty and effective drink for weight loss. Then you can add honey, lemon juice, decoctions of various herbs.
Ginger Root Drinks
There are many different uses for this plant. Most often these are different drinks, both hot and cold. As such, this spice causes fewer side effects and is better absorbed. And in combination with a fluid, it also has a diuretic effect, which further accelerates the disappearance of fat deposits. What can be used to drink recipes for weight loss from ginger root?
- With large reserves of fat, it is possible to enhance the properties of this root with the help of garlic. It has almost the same effect, stimulating digestion and metabolic processes.And ginger softens its unpleasant taste and smell. For 2 liters of this drink you will need 2 cloves of garlic and peeled fresh root of about 4-5 cm. Grind everything and pour boiling water on it. After insisting strain.
- Very tasty refreshing drink is obtained with mint. Chop half of the fresh root and 60 g of mint leaves, add a pinch of cardamom and pour boiling water over it. The drink should be drunk chilled. After filtering, one-third of a glass of lemon and orange juice is added to it.
- In winter, it is also useful to use ginger root for weight loss. The recipe for a warming drink is as follows: chop 4–5 cm of the root, pour a liter of boiling water. Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 4 spoons of lemon juice, a pinch of red pepper. Insist at least an hour. Add honey in ready drink before use.
- It is possible for the preparation of the beverage to use dry chopped ginger root for weight loss. The tea recipe can be used as follows: brew an ordinary tea, preferably green, in a thermos, add a teaspoon of powder and leave for half an hour. You need to drink this tea hot.
Apply fresh root
In recent years, few people use this seasoning as a fresh food.But this is exactly how ginger root is most effective for weight loss. Recipes and useful properties of dishes containing it are transmitted in some families from generation to generation. But for those who want to lose weight, you should also try to cook something from ginger.
Most effectively cleanses the body and activates the digestive processes of fruit and vegetable salad. All components of its better to rub on a coarse grater. They are taken in such proportions: 3 parts of carrots, 2 parts of baked beets and lemon, 1 part of grated ginger, celery, a little orange peel. You must fill the salad with vegetable oil, do not add salt. It is recommended to eat it a couple of times a week.
In Japan, the use of pickled ginger is very popular. In this form, it retains all the useful components, therefore it increases the body's endurance well, slows the aging process and speeds up the metabolism. Try using pickled ginger root for weight loss. The recipe for making it is very simple: for 300 grams of finely chopped root, you need 0.5 teaspoon of vinegar, 3 tablespoons of red wine, 1.5 tablespoons of sugar, 4 spoons of water and a pinch of salt.
To prepare marinated ginger, boil its plates in salted water for 4-5 minutes, strain and pour hot marinade. It is made from the remaining ingredients. Leave to pickle root under the lid need for 3 days. Ready pickled ginger is stored in the refrigerator and used as a seasoning for meat and fish. And for weight loss it is most effective to eat it with sauerkraut.
For weight loss, you can use this seasoning in the form of a dry powder. In this form, ginger is more familiar to people. It has a pleasant aroma, often used in cooking. The powder can be added to tea or other beverages, make compote and soup with it. This recipe is useful for losing weight: add half a teaspoon of cinnamon and ginger to a glass of kefir, as well as a pinch of red pepper. Drink this drink should be on an empty stomach every day.
Rules of application
Regular consumption of drinks and other dishes with this plant will help to establish digestion and metabolic processes. But in order not to harm your health, you need to know how to take ginger root for weight loss. The recipe can be taken any, but certain rules must be observed in any case:
- the first time you need to start with a minimum dose, for example, with half a glass of tea, then its amount is gradually increased to 2 liters;
- It is recommended not to consume such drinks daily for more than 2 weeks, be sure to take breaks;
- it is also not necessary to drink more than 2 liters of tea from ginger per day, it is better to drink the drink in small portions during the day in a warm or hot form;
- This tea has a tonic effect, so its last use should be no less than 3-4 hours before bedtime;
- ginger is best consumed before a meal, as it will reduce hunger;
- It is necessary to strain the prepared ginger drink, and if honey is used in it, it should be added to a warm liquid.
Weight Loss Reviews
People who have tried many ways to reduce weight, note that this is one of the easiest to use and effective. Reviews of "Ginger Drink for Weight Loss" mark its pleasant taste and beneficial health effects. This tea will help move any diet, as it reduces appetite and stimulates metabolic processes. Ginger also tones the body and reduces muscle pain after exercise. Therefore, to lose weight with this root can be easily and effectively.