How to connect the modem to the TV?
Progress does not stand still, almost every day there are new devices and new functionality. One of the interesting innovations of recent times is definitely the ability to connect the TV to the Internet. This article will tell you how to connect a modem to a TV and configure their interaction.
Connection and configuration via cable
If your TV does not have the Wi-Fi option, there will surely be a place for an Ethernet cable. An Ethernet cable is usually supplied with a router, but can also be bundled with a TV set. To connect, you need to connect an appropriate cable on the modem and the TV with an Ethernet cable.
We will set up access to the network using the example of Samsung Smart TV, however, for the other TVs the scheme will be about the same.
- Go to the settings of the TV, select the section "Network", then "Network Settings".
- Immediately after selecting the last item, the network configuration wizard will start.
- The setup wizard will ask you to choose the type of connection, in our case it is the cable, which means we select "Cable".It remains only to wait for the notification of a successful connection!
Connect and configure via Wi-Fi
If your TV is equipped with the option of Wi-Fi, then to organize a connection, you only need to turn on Wi-Fi on the TV and wait until it finds the network.
To configure access:
- Go to the settings of the TV, select the section "Network", then - "Network Settings".
- We wait. When the Network Setup Wizard asks about the type of connection, select "Wireless Network."
- In the next window, choose your own from the list of wireless networks.
- If your Wi-Fi network is password protected, the setup wizard will ask for a password - enter it.
- We are waiting for a couple of minutes and check access to the network!
As you can see, connecting and setting up network access on a TV is a very simple matter that anyone can handle.
Connect and configure via WPS
If your TV and router support the WPS option, you can configure it as follows:
- Press the WPS button on the router and TV.
- Go to the TV settings: "Network" / "Network Settings" - the setup wizard will start.
- On the question of the wizard about the type of connection, click the "WPS" button.
- All! After a couple of minutes, the connection will be established.