How to cook dry kvass?
Kvass is a delicious Russian drink that perfectly quenches thirst, invigorates with its aroma and attracts with its unique taste. Kvass is drunk both in pure form and cold soups are made from it. If you prefer to drink kvass regularly, why not learn to cook it yourself from a ready-made extract of bread kvass.
How to make kvass from dry sourdough
- dry bread kvass - 250 gr;
- dry yeast - 8 g;
- granulated sugar - 250 g;
- raisins - 30 g;
- water - 7 l.
- Boil water in one saucepan and put dry kvass in the other.
- Fill dry kvass with 2 liters of boiling water.
- Let the mixture stand for 3 hours under the lid.
- Strain the resulting brew.
- Add in the resulting kvass boiled water.
- Place the yeast in a separate bowl and pour 100 ml of warm boiled water over them.
- Slowly add the diluted yeast to the brew, creating a funnel with a fork and stirring it.
- Sugar sand enter the same way.
- Also do not forget to put raisins in kvass.
- Cover the pot with kvass with gauze so that the midges do not fall into it, put it in a warm place: you can cover the container with a blanket.So kvass should ferment for 2-3 days.
- After that, pour the kvass into bottles, strain it through a strainer. Store the resulting kvass in the refrigerator.
Tips for a note
Pay attention that you can cook kvass from dry kvass with different flavors. This is achieved by choosing crackers from different flours. Therefore, buying dry kvass in the store, examine the composition on the label.
You can also put kvass from dry kvass according to original recipes. For example, there are recipes for birch, beet kvass.