How to treat stroke?
Stroke is a disease in which thecerebral circulation due to rupture, spasm, or blockage of any vessel of the brain. Stroke can be of two types - ischemic and hemorrhagic. Only specialized doctors - neurologists, resuscitators, sometimes neurosurgeons treat stroke. Even the patient's life depends on the speed of response and the beginning of treatment. Patients are hospitalized in a special neurologic department, in the intensive care unit. Patients who are unconscious with impaired vital functions are not allowed to be transported to the hospital. The process of how to treat stroke is not limited to the use of drugs that improve the blood circulation of the brain - Cavinton, Nimotop, Eufillin, Oxitral, etc. Then, when the patient's condition is improved, therapeutic physical therapy and physiotherapy are prescribed.
Exercises after a stroke
Since recover after a stroke motoractivity is the first task, then special exercises are used for this. The basic rule for restoring the walking skill is to begin rehabilitation as early as possible. The latest date is the fourth day from the onset of the disease. Of course, the recovery process should take place in specialized centers, but the doctor's help does not solve all the problems. The patient must work independently for his recovery. You can do at home exercises:
- First, bend the ankle. While lying, you need to bend the ankle to the side. You need to do several approaches to each side for 10 minutes.
- In the supine position, try alternatelybend the leg in the knees. The best result is the bending of the foot to the right angle. Such an exercise will help restore the ability to hold the body in the right position.
- Try to raise your right arm forward, andTake it aside. Take the large towel by the edges, and, without bending your hands in the elbows, lift the towel as high as possible. Then, bending your elbows, try to take the towel off the back of your head.
- For better results, it's better to watch the video -lessons with such exercises, because to do them, you need to know - how. You can treat a patient after a stroke using the Rubik's cube. The change in the position of the planes of the cube will train the muscles of the brush as a whole and especially the fine motor skills of the fingers.
Diet after a stroke
After a stroke, pay special attention to food. Necessarily more products of vegetable origin in the diet. For example:
- Eat raw vegetables, they containcellulose and pectin. It is better to eat beets, carrots, radishes, cabbages. And fruits - apples, grapes, apricots. This will have a beneficial effect on the general state of the vessels. Do not forget about dried fruits.
- When stroke or facial nerve palsy will beripe dates are good. Dates are used without pits, they are cut or scrolled through a meat grinder. Use 2-3 times a day after eating, for several months.
- You can also eat 2 raw chicken eggs a day - in the evening and in the morning. Just watch out for them to be rustic, not store. It improves well-being and memory.
- Folk treatment of stroke suggestsuse of infusions of herbs, beneficial effects on blood pressure, cleansing vessels, restoring and strengthening the nervous system. Good infusions of licorice root, couch grass, creeper, valerian, hawthorn, elecampane high, and red mountain ash.
- Sage is not only brewed, but also made from it baths. So, for example, 3 cups of dried grass is poured with 2 liters of boiling water. The solution is insisted for 1 hour, filtered and added to a warm bath.
- A quarter of patients who suffered a stroke,there are various disorders of speech. How to restore speech after a stroke, usually depends on the psychological climate in the house and the emotional mood of the patient. But the general recommendations are as follows:
- To attend classes at the speech therapist it is necessary regularly, even though the achievement of a positive result takes a long time.
- Close should note and praise the least success in restoring speech.
- It is necessary as often as possible to talk with the patient, in order to avoid feelings of isolation.
- The patient should be able to listen to the radioor watching TV. It will also be good to read aloud or help the patient draw - any employment that would stimulate speech functions will do.