How to view the format?
Watch the video
Many PC users are interested in the question: how to see the format of a file? For example, you wanted to transfer a file to your phone from a computer, but there are situations where a certain type of file is not supported. Therefore, to begin with, it would be nice to find out what type of file it is, so as not to waste time in transferring data that you still cannot see.
There are different file types:
- archived (rar .zip .7z .ace and others);
- images (.bin, .cue, .nrg, .mdf, .mds, .iso, ccd, .img, .sub);
- multimedia (.avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .divx, .xvid, .wmv, .mp3, .mp2, ra, .rm, .ram, .ogm, .ogg, aac, .flac, mpc, wv,. mov and others);
- graphic (.pdf, .djvu, .jpg, .gif, .png, .tga, .psd,);
- documentary (.txt, doc, .rtf, .nfo).
How to find out the file format?
Now you will learn how to see the format of a video, image or document. Instructions in all cases will be the same.
- Find the file you are interested in.
- Left click once on the file icon. Further the small window will be highlighted.
- In this window at the bottom there is a section "Properties". Right-click once on "Properties." After this action, a window will open that gives a complete description of the objectwith whom you are currently working. You can find out not only the extension of your file, but also more detailed information about it.
- From the available sections, select "General". Here at the top of the window you can see the file type. There will be specified file format.
- In the “General” section you can also find out which program will open this file, the location of this file, its size, how much disk space it takes, when it was created, changed and opened for the first time, and also set its attributes.
There is another way. It will be necessary to make the minimum number of actions, but you will receive little information.
To do this, again, you need to find the file you need and simply select it by single-clicking it with the right mouse button. Bottom or side will display brief data on this file. There will be such information as the file name, type (which interests us), size and some other details.
But we want to note that a big role is played by the operating system that is installed on your computer. After all, it depends on how the data will be displayed and their improvements in terms of additional information.The newer the operating system, the more improvements there are. For the quality of the computer you need to update it as often as possible. Now you know how to view the file format.