In which case do Cesarean?
Many wonder why they are doing a caesarean section. A caesarean section is done if passing birth through the natural birth canal is not possible, or is dangerous to the life of the child or mother. That is why a cesarean section is done. Emergency or planned cesarean section may be performed.
Planned cesarean section
Another important question: do cesareans at will? For this there is a planned operation. It is performed on the day, discussed in advance with your doctor. There are such indications for elective caesarean section:
- The size of the pelvis of a woman does not correspond to the size of the head of the fetus: pelvis of irregular shape, narrow pelvis, large fruit. In this case, the baby’s head alone will not be able to pass through the birth canal.
- The incorrect position of the fetus in the uterus, which was found on an ultrasound during pregnancy, includes a transverse and an oblique position, when the fetus will not be able to independently go through the natural birth canal.
- The presence of diseases in a pregnant woman (heart disease, etc.), in which childbirth is a danger to life.
Consider another, in which case do Cesarean.
Emergency cesarean section
It is carried out, for reasons that appeared suddenly, shortly or during childbirth:
- Eclampsia and pre-eclampsia in a pregnant woman is a poor condition of the pregnant woman, with which blood pressure rises, changes in urine tests are strong and swelling.
- Long delivery, which is not completed due to weak uterine contractions.
- The threat of uterine rupture is a very serious condition that can lead to the death of a child and a woman.
- Hypoxia (oxygen starvation) of the fetus.
- The prolapse of the umbilical cord from the uterus, during childbirth, is considered an indication for cesarean section, because during natural birth, the umbilical cord can also be squeezed by the fetus with a failure of oxygen supply.