Low body temperature. What to do in this situation?
Low body temperature is a reaction of our body to constant stress, overwork. Oddly enough, but this phenomenon is extremely rare. More often we see, on the contrary, high rates on the thermometer - due to colds and other diseases. Should I worry if you have a low body temperature? What to do in this case?
Before taking any action, you need to find out what was the root cause of this phenomenon. Low temperature - this value is less than 35.5 degrees. It may appear due to several reasons.
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases. In this case, you need to contact your doctor.
- Problems with the thyroid gland, or rather, the presence of hypothyroidism, which causes changes in the body.
- Immune system disorders.
- Poisoning with heavy metals or toxic substances.
- Overdose of drugs in the treatment of high fever.
- Pregnancy. Future mothers often suffer from headaches, cold feet, lack of appetite, and so on. In such a situation, low body temperature is normal. What to do? It is better to see a doctor in order to avoid fainting.
- Diseases of the adrenal glands. If you have problems with these organs, then you should get into the habit of using as much liquid as possible, in the summer give preference to watermelons and melons, which perfectly cleanse the body and saturate it with moisture.
- Colds. Strangely enough, but not always the sick organism reacts by increasing the temperature, sometimes the reaction can be opposite.
- Poisoning by narcotic substances.
- Passive lifestyle. If your work is associated with a long pastime at the computer, for example, then this phenomenon is not surprising. Teach the body to exercise.
Signs of low temperature are: lethargy, apathy, sleepy states, irritability.
What to do at low temperature?
If you have any diseases, you need to consult a doctor, because an organism's reaction, such as low temperature, may indicate complications or exacerbations.If you are sure that you are absent, but still there is a low body temperature, what to do? Here are your recommendations:
- take a sedative, better than natural (valerian, motherwort);
- get enough sleep.
Also note that the state when the thermometer shows less than 35.5 degrees, systematically occurring, is a reason for a visit to the doctor. Your body warns you about violations occurring inside it. A one-time increase in body temperature - the signals of the body, indicating fatigue, non-sleep, depression. To avoid such conditions, you need to lead an active lifestyle, play sports, exercise, walk more often, monitor your health, eat a healthy and balanced diet, strengthen the immune system. In this article, we looked at why low body temperature can appear, what to do in a similar situation, and how to avoid it. Be healthy!