Small masterpieces: flowers from satin ribbons, made by own hands
Instead of buying ready-made things,decorated with standard ornaments, try to make flowers from satin ribbons with your own hands. You will find that they look amazing! At the same time, making them is very simple and exciting.
Where could these ornaments be applied?
• Such a satin flower can transform a not so new hat from the sun or a little boring handbag.
• A variety of satin brooches with rhinestones or pearls can change the accustomed costume or make an evening dress everyday.
• Beautiful flowers from satin ribbons give a glamorous look to hair ornaments. Attach them to the rims or hairpins - and any hairstyle will become romantic and feminine.
• Having a number of suchaccessories, you can decorate them with gift wrapping for friends. If you made flowers from satin ribbons with your own hands in the form of a brooch, then they can become an independent gift.
• As accessories for the wedding, satin flowers are simply irreplaceable: boutonniere, jewelry for glasses or bridal handbags, girlfriend bracelets and much more.
Perhaps you will come up with many more ways to apply these lovely things in your life.
How to make a flower from a satin ribbon?
You will need:
• Iron and board.
• Satin ribbons of different shades and sizes for petals and leaves.
• A chalk, a tissue marker or a ballpoint pen (a pencil slides over the atlas).
• Heavy paper for creating flower patterns.
• Sharp scissors.
• A candle or lighter (you can match) to melt the edges of the petals.
• Large crystals or rhinestones to decorate the middle of the flowers.
Look at these flowers from satin ribbons. With your hands, you can make not only roses, but other varieties of elegant plants.
• Make one pattern of such elements from paper: a petal (its size depends on the desired value of the product), a sheet and a circle-base.
• Mark the tape. You need 10 petals, 2 leaves (green atlas) and 1 circle for the middle of the flower.
• Cut out the details.
• Use a flame of a candle or a lighter to carefully process all edges of the flower parts. To avoid an accident during this process, keep a bowl of water at hand.
• Adhere the crease at the base of each gluepetal and press it to get three-dimensional flowers. From the satin ribbons with their own hands, it's easy to make solid patterns that resemble rosettes (it's enough to assemble a piece of tape into an assembly). In this case, there is no need to treat the slices of the petals with fire.
• The last operation is the connection of all fragments. On a circle-basis all the petals and leaves are gradually pasted. Completing the installation of a central crystal or bead.
These are the general principles of creating flowers from satin ribbons. When you master this technology, you can make them from other materials.