Than to clean gold in house conditions: recipes of cleaning compositions and ways
If you like gold jewelry andoften wear them, then sooner or later you will face a problem than to clean gold. During the socks, many ornaments are contaminated, they may appear plaque, they also lose their luster, and in the end, they can even harm the health (especially the earrings).
We offer you a small selection of useful tips for what you can clean gold.
The most frequent pollution is not always washedwith water and soap, you will need to use stronger means. Most often this is a consequence of the oxide of metals that are part of the jewelry (100% gold, as is known, does not exist). Most often these metals (zinc, nickel, copper) are oxidizing, give a greenish or even black tinge to gold, because of this, gold looks sloppy and, the more the percentage of such metals in the alloy, the greater the likelihood of oxidation.
Such areas can not be washed immediately, so the question of how to clean the gold should be divided into several stages:
Need hot water in which you need todissolve laundry detergent or other detergent. In a solution it is necessary to put all gold products and to hold there for 2 hours. When the dirt has softened, it can be easily removed (use soft brushes). As carefully as possible clean the back sides of frames, grooves, all decorative seams and joints - it is there often accumulate all the unnecessary oxide. If after the first soaking the product has not cleared, then the procedure must be repeated anew. After cleaning, rinse the product with cool water and leave to dry. If, after several visits, the products are still unclear, you should use "heavy artillery" - chemical means.
2) Cleaning with chemicals.
The simplest and most popular way to remove oxides fromgold - this is to take advantage of the ammonia solution (it is in every medicine cabinet, it's a banal ammonia alcohol). For successful purification of gold, it is best to take a stronger 25% solution and pour it in a saucer, putting your products there for a minimum of 2 hours. Then the gold is removed and rinsed under a stream of clean water.
If on the products there are still leftoversdirt, we recommend the use of chemical cleaning. How can I clean gold from improvised chemicals? It is best to take a soft abrasive paste to clean the gold (coarser materials simply remove the top layer of gold and scratch the surface). After cleaning, the remains of the paste should be removed with a cloth, and then wipe the product with alcohol. You can also use a regular toothpaste (not bleaching).
In the matter of how to clean gold, it is also not necessary to neglect grandmother's advice - often such tools can prove to be much more effective than the chemistry we are accustomed to.
Than to clean gold: national recipes:
- Wipe gold with a mixture of egg white and natural beer;
- Wipe the product with vinegar or ordinary cologne;
- Soak the gold ornaments in the onion infusion and then wipe off all dirty parts;
- Clean ornaments with lipstick, then wipe.
- Another pretty interesting and effective recipepurification of gold: you need to take a mixture of lime with water and table salt (9: 2 ratio) and grind everything together in china. Add a large amount of water, mix and leave to infuse for a couple of days. Then this mixture needs to be poured in a gold product for a couple of hours, then rinsed in alcohol and dried on wood sawdust.
- A very dirty surface can be cleaned with a solution of borax with water, and wipe with a woolen cloth soaked in it. Then rinse and rub the product.
As you can see, ways and variations than to clean gold more than enough, it remains only to choose the one that will suit you.