The degree of roasting steak. Features of each type
For the preparation of steak meat is used animal or fish, most often used beef. But in order to enjoy this dish, you need to properly cook it.
What is roasted meat?
A good and tasty steak is prepared from the meat of a certain part of the animal’s carcass. It should not be paired; ideally, the product should be spent for two to three weeks. From this meat is the most delicious dish with a minimum amount of fat, juicy and tender. The cooking process itself is not difficult, but why then so much talk around it? Cooking steak is a special atmosphere, which is felt both in the process of creating a culinary masterpiece, and while eating this dish. In each country, traditions depend on the area in which the steak is made, and the type of meat chosen.The technology of preparation in each region remains unchanged. The degree of roasting steak can also be different. There are seven types of it.For this dish, a piece of lean meat is taken, cut into large portions across the fibers with a width of about three centimeters. Then the meat is rubbed with salt and pepper and lay for 20 minutes. However, it should be dry. Next, prepare the pan, which will be cooking steaks - they need two. We find out from friends how much they prefer the roasted dish, and proceed to the process. A piece of meat is placed on the frying surface with a temperature of 280 degrees and fried for two seconds on both sides for 20 seconds. It forms a crisp, which saves juice and makes the steak juicy. Next, the meat is transferred to the second frying surface with a temperature of 140 - 150 degrees. There are no strict rules on the preparation time, it all depends on what kind of product you want to get at the exit. We fry at a temperature of 140 degrees and follow the degree of roasting steak.
Types of roasting
1. Raw - raw meat. For cooking carpaccio (frozen veal).
2. Blue rare - must have a pinkish crust. This degree of roasting steak will be reached in 3-4 minutes at a cooking temperature of 100 degrees.
3. Rare - roast steak takes only 5 minutes.The dish has a hard crust, inside the meat is reddish and warm. To achieve the degree of roast steak, set the cooking temperature to 120 degrees.
4. Medium rare - meat red, with a crust. Cooking temperature 126 degrees.
5. Medium - reddish meat, from which oozing juice. This is the optimum degree of roast steak.
6. Medium well done - light meat, has a pinkish tint, no juice. It is prepared at 145 degrees.
7. Well done - burnt meat, gray and dry. Prepared at 165 degrees. Cooking time depends on how quickly the required degree of roast steak is reached.
Meat is laid out on a plate and covered with foil, it should "rest." While the steak is a little cool, you need to prepare the sauce. To do this, take a shallot and finely cut, roast for about two minutes. Then pour brandy into the pan, tilt it over the fire, everything should flare up. Allow the alcohol to burn and pour the sauce. Steak is not just a toasted piece of meat, it is a special cooking ritual. Taking part in this procedure, enjoy the process. Bon Appetit!