What documents are needed to replace a driver's license?
The driver's license is the main onedocument, allowing to drive a vehicle. Under Russian law, it is subject to replacement every ten years from the date of issue and after expiration of the period is considered invalid and must be replaced. Let's refresh the memory of what documents are needed to replace the driver's license.
So, the standard list of documents required to replace a driver's license, includes:
- Examination card driver;
- medical certificate of the established form, valid at the time of replacement of the certificate;
- old driver's license, subject to replacement;
- Passport or other document proving the identity, indicating the registration (residence permit) at the place of residence or residence;
- a receipt for payment of the fee for the replacement of the driver's license;
- photo (optional, if the certificate is made automatically).
Be sure to make photocopies of alldocuments. The delivery of qualifying theoretical and practical examinations when replacing a driver's license is not required, unless the certificate is changed due to the opening of new categories.
Change of name: how to change the rights
It often happens that women and girls, having receiveddriver's license, get married and change their surname. And the question arises, what documents are needed to replace the driver's license when changing the surname. It should be noted that the driver's license is not necessary to change the surname when changing the surname, since it is valid for the entire period until the date specified in it, and no one has the right to demand that you replace it with a premature replacement. But if you are burning with the desire to fix all the documents, and a driver's license including a new name, you can do this by preparing all the necessary documents package described above.
To replace the driver's license, contact the traffic police department of the locality at your place of registration.