What is protein?
The word protein in most people distant from serious sports, is comparable to any kind of harmful chemical additives. In fact, protein (from English protein) refers to protein.
Protein is an organic compound consisting of amino acids.
Protein is divided into:
- high-grade - meat, chicken, fish, dairy products, eggs. It is called complete because it contains the optimal set of amino acids for the human body;
- inferior - beans, peas, soybeans. Defective is called because it contains not a complete set of essential amino acids.
It follows that each person daily consumes protein of animal or vegetable origin. But people who are seriously involved in any kind of sport, additionally use sports supplements, including proteins, because they do not receive the necessary standard from full-fledged food. In this context, the protein is a powder concentrate containing high quality protein.
Protein as a sports supplement is divided into the following categories:
- Whey Protein
- concentrate.One way to filter protein; pure protein concentration from 30 to 80%;
- isolate Cleaner concentrate - 95%;
- hydrolyzate. Faster than others assimilated and has maximum nutritional value;
- Casein protein. Compound protein.
- Soy protein. Plant source of protein.