Why does the stomach hurt?
Abdominal pain is a very common complaint. Experiencing this disease patients of different ages, from infants to pensioners. Abdominal pain can be different: dull and sharp, aching, burning and shooting. You can not treat this disease frivolously. Determine why the stomach hurts, you can, based on the place of pain and their nature.
The stomach hurts: we define the place and nature of pain
In order to begin treatment and make it as effective as possible, you need to properly examine yourself.
- Lie on your back, in this position the walls of the abdominal cavity arrive in a relaxed position.
- Now you need to palpation, make pressing movements with several fingers on the stomach. Do it carefully, without sudden movements. Determine the place where pressure causes the most pain.
- Making light pressure in this place, try to understand what kind of pain is: dull, aching, sharp, cutting (as if struck with a sharp object), arching (as if a ball is inflated inside).
The disease may be accompanied by symptoms: fever, nausea and diarrhea.
Whether the pain gives up somewhere, aggravated by coughing or walking and stooping - these are all important factors for a correct diagnosis.
Well, if you remember exactly how the pain appeared: after eating, physical exertion, or suddenly. This information can be very helpful to the doctor when making a diagnosis.
Lower abdominal pain
To determine why the lower abdomen hurts, side symptoms will help.
- The cause may be an infection of the small pelvis, while the body temperature rises, chills appear.
- If the accompanying symptoms are nausea, lack of appetite, vomiting, then we can talk about diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- If, along with complaints of pain in the lower abdomen, the patient has experienced a faint or shock, most likely this is a consequence of intra-abdominal bleeding.
- Constant aching pain indicates inflammation of the internal organs due to hypothermia and cold.
Do not try to determine for yourself why your stomach hurts badly, do not tolerate it, do not self-medicate, and if possible consult a doctor.
Abdominal pain in girls
To say unequivocally why the girl has a stomach ache, it is impossible without an examination. The cause can be both banal periods, and infections of the genital tract, as well as gynecological diseases. In this case, it is better not to hesitate and go to the hospital. Almost all women complain of abdominal pain during pregnancy. Scientists attribute this to fetal growth and sprain.
Why does the child have a stomachache
If the child has a stomach ache, do not worry too much. This can be caused by fast ingestion of food and air, poor chewing, temporary indigestion. Sometimes these diseases occur in connection with the experiences and emotional stress.
Nausea and vomiting should alert parents, as they are the first signs of acute poisoning. Do not neglect the opportunity to consult a doctor, if there is such an opportunity.
Sore belly on the left
To recognize why the stomach hurts on the left, you need to know the organs located in this part of the abdomen.
- These are the spleen, stomach, left part of the diaphragm, part of the pancreas and part of the intestine. It must be said that pain in the left abdomen is less common than in the right.The spleen begins to hurt due to the increase in its size, this is due to various diseases. Sometimes the spleen capsule increases so much that a rupture occurs. Signs of this are blue in the left side of the abdomen.
- Often, the pain in the upper left part does not indicate any specific diseases and is the result of a simple accumulation of gases.
- If the reason for the indisposition is the stomach, then the nature of the pain is often aching, not sharp. You should go to the hospital and be checked for gastritis.
- The pancreas is a very important organ for the full functioning of the body. It is located far enough behind the spleen, the pains are sharp and lie deep. If you have previously encountered pancreatic disease, be careful to follow the diet prescribed by doctors.
Why does the stomach hurt on the right
When the stomach hurts on the right, determine in which part exactly you will experience discomfort.
- Pain in the right hypochondrium, accompanied by a feeling of bitterness in the mouth and radiating to the lower back, shoulder, or scapula, indicate cholecystitis.This occurs, as a rule, after the abuse of fatty and spicy foods. Any antispasmodic drugs will come to the rescue.
- On the right abdomen is also appendicitis. Call an ambulance if at first the pain appeared on the right in the epigastric region and gradually subsided, there is an increase in walking and trying to lie on the left side. There may be fever and nausea. Remember that this disease is very dangerous, delay can cost a person a life.
Why after eating stomach hurts
Many complain of pain in the abdomen after eating. It must be said that food is the most common cause of abdominal discomfort.
- Pressing pains indicate irritation of the esophagus, which can be caused by salty, too cold or hot food.
- Many people suffer from individual intolerance to some products: milk, butter, fats. The use of these products will immediately cause them at least pain and bloating.
- Regular pain that occurs within an hour after eating and is constantly increasing, indicate the development of peptic ulcer.After a few hours, the painful sensations usually disappear without any measures of treatment.
- Hungry abdominal pains appear 5-6 hours after the last meal. In order not to aggravate the situation, drink a glass of milk before eating.
Remember that abdominal pain can be both harmless and a symptom of a serious illness. Do not neglect your health. If you are seriously worried about pain, do not hesitate to contact a doctor. Often listen to your body, do not ignore the signals that it sends you.