Why are my feet cold?
Many people complain that they have constantly cold feet. It gives considerable discomfort and makes you worry about your health. Let's try to understand why the legs are always cold and how dangerous it is for health.
Below are the main possible causes of cooling feet and a number of measures to prevent cooling feet.
Why do people often have cold feet?
The natural reason that the feet are cold is in their very structure. The layer of subcutaneous fat on the feet is very small, namely, fat helps to keep warm. In addition, during cold weather, the vessels of the legs constrict because the blood drains from them to the internal organ in order to warm them in the first place.
But if your feet are cold even with warm temperatures, it is possible that there are health-related disorders, and you should consult a doctor.
Here are the main medical causes of cold feet:
- Circulatory problems. It is with poor circulation that the blood supply to the small vessels located in the legs is disrupted;
- Disorders in the thyroid gland.
- Age changes.After 50 years, the immune system is weakened, hormonal problems and malfunction of the circulatory system may appear. All this leads to freezing of the legs.
- Low blood pressure, problems with the cardiovascular system.
- When the temperature can also be cold feet. This is due to vascular spasm caused by the disease. In this case, before you bring down the temperature, you need to warm the legs.
What to do to warm the legs?
If the doctors did not reveal serious violations, and the legs are often cold anyway, you need to find ways to warm them.
- Choose your shoes carefully for the weather and size. Too tight shoes can contribute to freezing feet.
- Knowing your peculiarity, make a habit of always wearing warm socks or slippers.
- Take up the strengthening of blood vessels. You will help contrast shower, as well as hot foot baths.
- At the first sign of freezing feet, do a foot massage for yourself. First you need to intensively rub the sole of the feet, then massage your fingers. Immediately after the massage, you should put warm, heated socks on your feet.
- Try to limit smoking - nicotine significantly narrows blood vessels.
- In winter, you should slightly change the diet. Eat more fruits, fish, meat, buckwheat. It is necessary to drink plenty of warm drinks, especially fruit drinks or compotes.
- Daily exercise will help in the gradual strengthening of blood vessels.
- Coming out of the house in the cold, drink a cup of fatty hot broth or tea with spices.
Why does a baby have cold feet?
Many parents worry about finding cold feet in their baby. Indeed, if the child is sick, he has a fever and the legs are ice cold, they should be immediately warmed up, wearing warm socks or putting a heating pad.
But if the legs are cool, and the child does not complain about the cold, then you should not worry. Thermoregulation is performed through the legs, and sometimes, to lose less heat, the vessels on the leg become narrower. This is a completely natural process, which suggests that the child is fine with the heat exchange.